Sunday 24 March 2013

Morphed...


into me. Well, my niece said it was me! Not that I planned it but it does look like me though I won't describe myself as bright and cheerful at the moment unlike my finished project. I am crafting my way through it though! Anyway, needed to tackle something different and decided on a canvas as I hadn't made on for a while. The background came first and I collaged this including some Gelli prints:


Several layers of acrylic paints and also a generous spritz of pink Glimmer mists came next, also some stamping and pan pastel:


My girl actually started with this hand carved eye stamp and then I drew my girl which became me. I collaged up her dress. Added some triple embossed UTEE chipboard heart embellishments and my quote:



 
 
I have been working on this project for three days and am really chuffed with the finished canvas. I am entering it into the following challenges:
Artists in Blogland: March Quote
Crafting for all Seasons: Anything but a Card
The ABC challenge: Just as you Like

14 comments:

  1. QUITE RIGHTLY too matey - I'd be chuffed if I'd made it too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly stunning Clare. Love the layers and your girls. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Cherry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really lovely Clare. I lovely the little heart detail on her sweather. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the glasses come off the side, it's such a great detail. Really fun seeing this come to be without a plan in mind at the start, too - that's how I like to work

    ReplyDelete
  5. no wonder you are chuffed with this- it is great. The eyes really make the image. i love the back ground and watching its development through your photos is really interesting.
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous canvas, you have created a gorgeous background and I love the detail on your image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. clare this is so cool - I love her + the colours you chose. I would be chuffed too!
    Kirstin x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Clare and love the colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cool! I'm going to feature it on the next Color This Quote post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thanks Jessica, that has made my day! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful creation!!! love it!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!The colors are wonderful and so is that eye stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. X