Tuesday 26 March 2013

Row...


Houses. An idea I spotted ages ago, but was finally encouraged to try when a crafty pal studying in Oz at the mo sent through some she had managed to create using very minimal craft stash. So the swap was on, my turn to make some. I had a lovely few hours making these, truly mixed media as I think I threw just about everything I had at them...LOL! Started by covering my houses with washi tape, then layered up some Gelatos, out came a stencil and a baby wipe so remove some of the colour.

 
Then layered up paints through stencils, stamping with Timber Brown Staz on ink and also stamped with some acrylic paints.
 
 
And so for the embellishments. Hand stamped quotes onto painted paper and decorated chipboard pieces with paints, stamping and Rock Candy Crackle Glaze. Some natural cord, gems and eyelets. Here is my row of houses:
 
 


I am going to enter these row houses into the following challenges:
One Little Word: Home
By Cute and Girly: Favourite Things (stamps, washi tape, paints, letter stamps)

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous houses .. I will come to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Clare - fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab tags
    thanks for playing with us at BTC&G
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to thank you for vissiting my blog . So sweet you left a comment. I think the creations you made are so nice and collorfull. It's always nice to take a look at other artist work.
    Have a nice easter.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These loos fantastic Clare and just love the colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - these are awesome. Love the colors and the sayings. Visiting from OLW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the layering and details

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh- sorry I should check blogger more, but have got out of the habit and so missed these until now. I LOVE them and can't wait for them to arrive. I think the postal service is having one of its funny turns again.
    Feeling a million miles from home tonight, with news that my grandad is not well and so looking at these is pulling on my heart strings.
    hope you are feeling a little better. enjoy the last week of your holidays x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, I love your houses!!! And thank you very much for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Houses are my favorite shape.
    this is is so fresh and inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. X