Thursday 14 August 2014

Final Message


Here is the last Me Time Message and photo tutorial:

Journal your final word and seal into your chosen envelope. I went with a cardboard one this week.
Add a layer of gesso and create some texture. I used Grunge Paste through a stencil.


Add some colour. I used a couple of coats of acrylic paint.


I added a light paint to the end of my message, spritzed loads of water and let it drip down the envelope.


Stamp some white tissue paper and glue to message (I used matt medium).



More stamping


Add some more colour I used ink tense blocks.



Time to personalise: I added scan of some of my art work which matched with my word of the week plus my word and a quote.



Thanks to everyone who joined in with my Me Time Messages workshop.

9 comments:

  1. Cool workshop project this week .... must catch up and do last week's and this week's very soon.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to prepare these workshops for our "summer school", Clare

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. what amazing workshops you did for us... maybe I can do such a message to myself project in autumn..so inspiring Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! Came over to visit you on Kathy K's advice . . . and boy am I glad I did!

    Looks like I need to grab a coffee and stay awhile!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to go find some tissue paper now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another brilliant project to complete the course. Love the colours and texture. Thinking cap on for doing mine at the weekend. Hope you are having a good holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. another fabulous make - I am behind but hoping to finish them all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was led to your blog yesterday by another blogger, and spent last night watching the Me Time Message videos. For a brand new mixed media wannabe (who went out and purchased specific requirements today), this looks like a very fun and very informative way to wet my toes. A friend and I are going to make a start tomorrow. It'll be a long night waiting.... Thank you so much, in anticipation of learning heaps, for taking the time and trouble to share.
    Cheers
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to let you know, I haven't given up. Week six is work in progress and will be finished this week... hopefully!
    Painting done, now for the fun part :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for your kind comments on my post, and thanks for sharing this fun technique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. X